The Human Race: Get Your Hero On

  • McHenry County College Crystal Lake, IL 60014

“Get Your Hero On” - The McHenry County Human Race is a unique 5K that supports charities serving McHenry County IL. Each race participant designates which organization will receive the proceeds of their race fee. Organizations that join also have a chance at winning cash prizes for their organization.

register online by going to www.mchumanrace.org/

New this year Chip Timing!

  • Get your time on your phone immediately after finishing!
  • For individuals that are tracking their progress chip timing is an option you can choose during registration. Chip timing fees are $3.00
  • All timed individuals must participate in the 8 AM start.
  • Results will also be available on a print out inside MCC and posted on this race site.

Join our Team Challenge!

Motivating others to achieve a goal can be a great team building experience. If you're looking for a way to build community within your company, organization, church, school, or neighborhood create a team. Biggest team of Heroes wins $150.oo for the participating charity of your choice! TEAM Information or Click here to create a Team.

 register online by going to http://www.mchumanrace.org/

Registration Fees

Online

  • Superman $25.00 "Faster than a locomotive" December 1 to Dec 31
  • Daredevil $30.00 "Man without fear" January 1 to March 31
  • Batman $35.00 "Da da da da Batman!" April 1 to April 23
  • Dash $15.00 "Run with lightning speed!" Only for kids 10 and under (any time registration)

Offline

  • Captain Marvel $35 "Shazam!!" April 25
  • Spiderman $40.00 "He arrives just in time!"

60% Of all race registration fees goes to support the charity of the racer's choice. The other 40% covers race expenses and supports volunteerism in McHenry County.

*Registration fees are non-refundable and non-transferable. Fees listed above do not include the Active.com processing fee.

*Race bibs are required to participate. Children in strollers do not require a bib.

Online Registration Closes:  April 23, 2015 at at 11:59 pm

 

Race Day Schedule

  • 6:45 AM Registration, Bib and T-shirt Pick-up, and Expo Open to Public
  • 7:45 Stretching at the start line
  • 7:55 Opening Ceremony
  • 8 AM Timed Race Begins
  • 8:10 AM Untimed Race Begins
  • Food and Drink for Racers Following the Race
  • 9 AM Race Awards inside MCC
  • Inside Expo 6:45 AM to 10:30

Early Bib and T-shirt Pick-up

  • Check Back for Place and Time

  • Photo ID to pick up your own race bib and timing chip at bib/t-shirt pick-up.

Awards Divisions

  • Awards will be given to the top male and female finishers. Medals are given to the first three individuals to complete the race in the following categories: 14& Under, 15-19, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64,65-69, 70 and over

Cash Prizes

  • Invite others to the race – the organization with the most runners and walkers wins $600! - $250 for 2nd place

  • If you are chosen as the Best-Dressed Hero At Packet Pick-Up, your organization of choice will receive an extra $100.00.

  • If you are the Top Fundraising Individual the organization of your choice will receive $400.00 - $250 for 2nd place

  • Invite your friends to donate to your organization of choice. The organization that raises the most money wins an extra $400.00. $250.00 for 2nd place.

  • If you Raise Over $1000.00 we will give an extra $100.00 to the organization of your choice

  • If your organization’s Creative Race Day Picture Of Heroes is chosen they will receive an extra $150.00

  • *Organizations must be registered before April 26, 2015 in order to qualify for a prize

Race and Event Location

  • McHenry County College, 8900 US RT 14, Crystal Lake IL 60012

  • Volunteers will help you find parking on site

Rain or Shine

  • This event will take place rain or shine, so please dress accordingly.

Course

  • For the safety of all participants, the following are prohibited: dogs, bicycles, in-line skates, skateboards and all motor-driven vehicles. 

  • Course is a loop that begins on the MCC campus, travels down Tartan Dr. to Ridgefield Rd., and path back to MCC (blacktop and concrete)

  • Map of course (watch for)

Selfies and Fun!

  • Be ready with your phone. We will have superheroes ready for smiles

Race Rules:


  • 5K participants have 1.5 hours to complete the course (30 min/mile pace). The course has a rolling street closure. If you fall behind this pace, the roads will be reopened to normal traffic and you will be a pedestrian and subject to normal traffic rules.

    Entry fees are NON-REFUNDABLE and entries are NON-TRANSFERABLE. Sorry, no exceptions. Once we receive and accept your entry, you will not receive a refund if you cannot participate. You may not give or sell your number to anyone else.