“Get Your Hero On” - The McHenry County Human Race is a unique 5K that supports charities serving McHenry County IL. Each race participant designates which organization will receive the proceeds of their race fee. Organizations that join also have a chance at winning cash prizes for their organization.
register online by going to www.mchumanrace.org/
New this year Chip Timing!
- Get your time on your phone immediately after finishing!
- For individuals that are tracking their progress chip timing is an option you can choose during registration. Chip timing fees are $3.00
- All timed individuals must participate in the 8 AM start.
- Results will also be available on a print out inside MCC and posted on this race site.
Join our Team Challenge!
Motivating others to achieve a goal can be a great team building experience. If you're looking for a way to build community within your company, organization, church, school, or neighborhood create a team. Biggest team of Heroes wins $150.oo for the participating charity of your choice! TEAM Information or Click here to create a Team.
register online by going to http://www.mchumanrace.org/
- Superman $25.00 "Faster than a locomotive" December 1 to Dec 31
- Daredevil $30.00 "Man without fear" January 1 to March 31
- Batman $35.00 "Da da da da Batman!" April 1 to April 23
- Dash $15.00 "Run with lightning speed!" Only for kids 10 and under (any time registration)
- Captain Marvel $35 "Shazam!!" April 25
- Spiderman $40.00 "He arrives just in time!"
60% Of all race registration fees goes to support the charity of the racer's choice. The other 40% covers race expenses and supports volunteerism in McHenry County.
*Registration fees are non-refundable and non-transferable. Fees listed above do not include the Active.com processing fee.
*Race bibs are required to participate. Children in strollers do not require a bib.
Online Registration Closes: April 23, 2015 at at 11:59 pm
Race Day Schedule
- 6:45 AM Registration, Bib and T-shirt Pick-up, and Expo Open to Public
- 7:45 Stretching at the start line
- 7:55 Opening Ceremony
- 8 AM Timed Race Begins
- 8:10 AM Untimed Race Begins
- Food and Drink for Racers Following the Race
- 9 AM Race Awards inside MCC
- Inside Expo 6:45 AM to 10:30
Early Bib and T-shirt Pick-up
Check Back for Place and Time
Photo ID to pick up your own race bib and timing chip at bib/t-shirt pick-up.
Awards will be given to the top male and female finishers. Medals are given to the first three individuals to complete the race in the following categories: 14& Under, 15-19, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64,65-69, 70 and over
Invite others to the race – the organization with the most runners and walkers wins $600! - $250 for 2nd place
If you are chosen as the Best-Dressed Hero At Packet Pick-Up, your organization of choice will receive an extra $100.00.
If you are the Top Fundraising Individual the organization of your choice will receive $400.00 - $250 for 2nd place
Invite your friends to donate to your organization of choice. The organization that raises the most money wins an extra $400.00. $250.00 for 2nd place.
If you Raise Over $1000.00 we will give an extra $100.00 to the organization of your choice
If your organization’s Creative Race Day Picture Of Heroes is chosen they will receive an extra $150.00
*Organizations must be registered before April 26, 2015 in order to qualify for a prize
Race and Event Location
McHenry County College, 8900 US RT 14, Crystal Lake IL 60012
Volunteers will help you find parking on site
Rain or Shine
This event will take place rain or shine, so please dress accordingly.
For the safety of all participants, the following are prohibited: dogs, bicycles, in-line skates, skateboards and all motor-driven vehicles.
Course is a loop that begins on the MCC campus, travels down Tartan Dr. to Ridgefield Rd., and path back to MCC (blacktop and concrete)
Map of course (watch for)
Selfies and Fun!
Be ready with your phone. We will have superheroes ready for smiles
5K participants have 1.5 hours to complete the course (30 min/mile pace). The course has a rolling street closure. If you fall behind this pace, the roads will be reopened to normal traffic and you will be a pedestrian and subject to normal traffic rules.
Entry fees are NON-REFUNDABLE and entries are NON-TRANSFERABLE. Sorry, no exceptions. Once we receive and accept your entry, you will not receive a refund if you cannot participate. You may not give or sell your number to anyone else.